Before becoming Alpha Xi Delta, the Gamma Tau chapter was known as Tau Kappa Kappa, the first local sorority on campus at Ohio Northern University. Tau Kappa Kappa became affiliated with the national sorority Alpha Xi Delta on May 16, 1959.
Many changes have occurred throughout the years for the Gamma Tau chapter. The alumnae of this chapter always have fun stories to tell about their active membership in Alpha Xi Delta. For many years the chapter had a wing in Stambaugh Hall that they called home. The chapter later purchased a house on 125 E. College Ave in the 1970's. This allowed the sisters to have their own chapter house to use as a living and meeting place. During this time, the chapter also had a floor in Brookhart Hall for sisters to call home. Finally in 2008, the Gamma Tau chapter moved in Ohio Northern's Affinity Village. The ability to have a larger amount of sisters living together and having a chapter common area to call their own has had a significant positive impact on the sisterhood.
The sisterhood continues to go through many changes in membership, organization, and leadership. The sisters are looking forward to becoming a stronger chapter that maintains its positive impact on Ohio Northern's campus for years to come.